Suzuki Canada is pleased to announce the release of the new 2022 Katana. Suzuki’s 2022 Katana is built to deliver the exciting ride you would expect in a 1000cm³ class motorcycle, but with easy control and comfort, as well.
In paying due tribute to Suzuki’s legendary KATANA while updating both the looks and level of performance to a leading standard for today’s street scene, the KATANA reflects Suzuki’s ongoing commitment to fine craftsmanship and its willingness to sweat every detail to get them right.
THE NEW SUZUKI KATANA
The New Suzuki Katana stays true to the original that stole hearts back in ’81, but offers innovative features to excite you:
- Refreshed styling, with new trim and colour for a sleek, sporty profile, sharp front end and a clean taut-looking rear end.
- Updated high-performance 999cm³ liquid-cooled inline-four engine inherited from the GSX-R1000 and custom-tuned for the street.
- Advanced electronic controls such as Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Traction Control, Bi-directional Quick Shift and more.
A CUT ABOVE IN DESIGN
The Katana faithfully inherits styling from the original yet boast features that include:
- Updated Multifunction Instrument Cluster with improved visibility with day/night settings.
- A comfortable upright riding position for easier control, reduced fatigue and maximum visibility.
- Floating handlebars which minimize vibration transmitted to the rider’s hands for better comfort and reduced fatigue.
- Slim, comfortable, two-tone seating with stepped design and positive footing for passenger comfort.
- Fully adjustable, inverted gold colour front forks.
- Link-type rear suspension for a progressive feel and efficient reaction to changing road surface conditions.
- Brembo radial-mount brake callipers and ABS.
- 6-spoke cast aluminum wheels in coordinating colours.
- Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tires.
SUZUKI INTELLIGENT RIDE SYSTEM (SIRS)
Within the collection of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride Systems, Suzuki introduces several new features and enhancements to Katana’s electronics. These new features assist riders by helping make the bike more controllable, more predictable, and less tiring to operate, whether out for a sporty run or enjoying a ride on city streets.
Katana has the following SIRS features:
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) – NEW!
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) – UPDATE!
- Ride-by-wire Electronic Throttle – NEW!
- Bi-directional Quick Shift – NEW!
- Suzuki Easy Start System
- Low RPM Assist – UPDATE!
Looking to add a new 2022 KATANA to the family? Find your closest dealer here.